PDA

توجه ! این یک نسخه آرشیو شده میباشد و در این حالت شما عکسی را دیدن نمیکنید برای دیدن کامل نوشته‌یِ و عکسها بر روی لینک مقابل کلیک کنید : Write on how you perceive other forum members

Mehrbod
09-27-2012, 09:56 PM
This isn't a serious thread really, but it's rather interesting to see how other people perceive and think about us, even in this virtual world and around our mostly virtual characters. This also gives us a chance to exercise some english.

And also, here I'd like to invite Anarchy for starting the thread, since I know he's kind of interested in psychology and has some insurmountable (new words everyday :4:) information on each and every one of us :e402:

And people please make sure that you are not revealing any private or identifiable information about anyone.

Rationalist
09-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Mehrbod, this topic is interesting, but not in English! Because conversation around that in Persian is more intimately than English

However just as an exercise for English is fine

Russell
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I like the idea but I think this topic is a security problem by definition

Mehrbod
09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Mehrbod, this topic is interesting, but not in English! Because conversation around that in Persian is more intimately than English
How ever just as a exercise for English is fine:e011:

agreed.

and yeah, that's the primary point of the thread, to exercise English. As you have to really try hard to explain something or someone else in another language.

also since you're here, how about you start the thread? I guess you've had enough time to get to know other members by now :e402:

Mehrbod
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
I like the idea but I think this topic is a security problem by definition

I don't know ... it doesn't seem much like a security concern to me saying that I perceive you "Russell", as someone who's interested in philosophy and also likes to analyze stuff in a semi-mathematical sort of way :e402:

But either way, if it did raise security concerns we'll get rid of it.

Russell
09-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't know ... it doesn't seem much like a security concern to me saying that I perceive you "Russell", as someone who's interested in philosophy and also likes to analyze stuff in a semi-mathematical sort of way But either way, if it did raise security concerns we'll get rid of it. ] Let's start and see,If all of us try to be careful and focus on learning and fun side of the topic.I am Ok with it too

Russell
09-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I perceive you "Russell", as someone who's interested in philosophy and also likes to analyze stuff in a semi-mathematical sort of way
well !!
My love for philosophy is true and I think I have analytic mind :e404:
but I know a little bite math too

Mehrbod
09-28-2012, 12:01 AM
well !!
My love for philosophy is true and I think I have analytic mind :e404:
but I know a little bite math too

Well then, that wasn't the whole deal though :)

I'll get on a full perceptual analysis! on you later :e402:

And Since no one's gonna start the thread, I'll do it myself starting with anarchy.

Anarchy

Anarchy looks like a very quiet person to me, the smart and introverted type of guy.

He's interested in philosophy for sure, but not as much as our other members are. It just seems to me that he doesn't really care much about anything but people, people are his primary interest.

As I said above, he's got a thing for psychology and so likes to analyze people and find out about their motives and motivations in life, and he does so by looking into such minuscule details that nobody else seems to be even aware of!

This might not be true at all, but I think his self-esteem isn't as high as it should be. The way I imagine him is someone who likes to doubt himself every once in a while, just for the sake of doubting!

He's got a vast interest in many different topics too, including but not limited to computers, genetics, politics, the human psyche and sociology.

He also talks when absolutely necessary, but then he reads almost everything and keeps track of all the different things that he's read. I don't know how exactly he does it, but it either requires an extraordinarily good memory, or a very organized approach; my bets are on the former.

Overall this is what he is or at least tries to be on the internet, in real life I guess he isn't atl east as much intorverted as I imagined

Anarchy
09-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I 'm not that eager to take part in this thread since in one hand I have to tell the truth and on the other hand,I may offend my friends by revealing some points of weakness in their personality:e058:

Mehrbod
09-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I 'm not that eager to take part in this thread since in one hand I have to tell the truth and on the other hand,I may offend my friends by revealing some points of weakness in their personality:e058:

Oh please.. No one's gonna get offended, I promise :e402:

Mehrbod
09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
So where's our analysis Anarchy? :4:

You could always start with me, I won't be offended...

Rationalist
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
how about you start the thread? I guess you've had enough time to get to know other members by now
All right! I write about whom that I know him more than the others. So, please debug my writing on any aspects carefully! Also it is clear that this writing is unformal and for exercise only.

So my target is you:
Mehrbod; the person who which is diligent,playful, and hooked* on this forum!
He has a good Social relationships and he has respected by the others. Mehrbod learns us the words of Persian language in his every posts, which this is very good. I think he has studied a lot to learn true Persian. Moreover his scientific personality is remarkable. ‌But I think he can write more wisely than what he has been writing now.
Based on wrote on the top; he is hooked on this forum and often he is online; so I'm gazing for him about his pay attention to more important works in his life!

Ouroboros
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
He has a good Social relationships and he has respected by the others. Mehrbod learns us the words of Persian language in his every posts, which this is very good. I think he has studied a lot to learn true Persian. Moreover his scientific personality is remarkable. ‌But I think he can write more wisely than what he has been writing now.
Based on wrote on the top; he is hooked on this forum and often he is online; so I'm gazing for him about his pay attention to more important works in his life!

With respect, I made some corrections: 1. He has good social relationships(or better yet: he has good social skills). 2. "He has the respect of others". 3. Mehrbod "Teaches" us...

4. I actually couldn't understand what you mean by your last sentence.

Mehrbod
10-08-2012, 11:23 PM
All right! I write about whom that I know him more than the others. So, please debug my writing on any aspects carefully! Also it is clear that this writing is unformal and for exercise only.

So my target is you:

Hey Rationalism, thanks for the analysis :)

Firstly I'll go ahead and correct some of your grammar:

All right! I write about whom that I know him more than the others. So, please debug my writing on any all aspects carefully! Also it is clear that this writing is informal and for exercise only.

So my target is you:
He has a good Social relationships and he has respected by the others earned the respect of others. Mehrbod learns teaches us the words of Persian language in his every posts, which this is very good. I think he has studied a lot to learn true Persian. Moreover his scientific science-oriented personality is remarkable. ‌But I think he can write more wisely than what he has been writing now so far.

Based on what I wrote on the top; he is hooked on this forum and often he is often online; so I'm gazing looking for him about his pay attention wishing he would pay attention to more important works in his life!

I also much appreciate what you said about my personality :e402: and also using my time more wisely. However on that, I don't believe in hard work or anything remotely alike, I rather like doing 'nothing' most of the time, followed by short bursts of real hard work.
Over the years I've come to believe that it's how we've been evolved to live & work as human beings, other approaches (i.e. working hard) won't work in the long-run.

:53:

Mehrbod
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
With respect, I made some corrections: 1. He has good social relationships(or better yet: he has good social skills). 2. "He has the respect of others". 3. Mehrbod "Teaches" us...

4. I actually couldn't understand what you mean by your last sentence.

Now go on Amir, give us some perception! :)

How do you see other members?

Ouroboros
10-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't suppose anybody would want to be described by me mate, you go ahead and do your thing, I'll say something when no one's looking:e417:

Russell
10-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't suppose anybody would want to be described by me mate, you go ahead and do your thing, I'll say something when no one's looking
Amir,You described some of us in the past,I just cant remember the topic
I was a cold blooded logical mind with sarcastic word
:e056::e105:
Damage is done its too late :e402:

Ouroboros
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
:qq_63:

Well? Aren't you boyo? I sometimes think there is lizard sitting on the other side of the screen, waiting, planing, reasoning.. Your new avatar doesn't help either, I mean sure Hitchens was a genius and all, but he also was such a bloody arsehole that if you pushed hard enough crap would have come out of eyes..!
Seriously though, I'm far too honest for a topic like that

Mehrbod
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM

:qq_63:

Well? Aren't you boyo? I sometimes think there is lizard sitting on the other side of the screen, waiting, planing, reasoning.. Your new avatar doesn't help either, I mean sure Hitchens was a genius and all, but he also was such a bloody arsehole that if you pushed hard enough crap would have come out of eyes..!

Busted:

آواتارها (http://www.daftarche.com/%DA%AF%D9%81%D8%AA%DA%AF%D9%88%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%AF-2/%D8%A2%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%87%D8%A7-338/#post55)

آواتار راسل(+ آواتار قبلی او)اصلا نماد ِ کارکتر «هوشمند ِ دگرآزار» است، تیپ آدمی که در گفتگوهای روزمره کامنت‌های کوتاه ِ ریشخندآمیز و هوشمندانه می‌اندازد و به نحو روح‌آزاری سرد و منطق‌گراست. آواتار خودم هم نشانه‌ی تعلقات فکری‌ست، شاید کمی حاوی اداهای روشنفکری.

:e402:

Mehrbod
10-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Since "the damage is done" as Russell put it, how about now you give us some new cold-hearted insights into the matter, Amir? :e405:

Russell
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Come on Amir,
Hitchens avator is there just to show respect for his AntiIslamic position,I am not such a thin skin:e105:

Ouroboros
10-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I am not such a thin skin
Not at all mate, whatever that is.. I'm just busting your chops.. You're cool

Busted:
But I'm saying the same thing, how am I busted?

Since "the damage is done" as Russell put it, how about now you give us some new cold-hearted insights into the matter, Amir?
But why Mehrbod? why would you choose to put yourself at the mercy of my sword, when you have your whole life ahead of you?

You're obviously very smart, and had a good education, but that aside I see you as someone who never wants to disappoint or displease anybody, and tries his best to be kind to them. This over the top "niceness" could be a direct result of living in Canada. Something that if true, would mean you're not half an Iranian you would like to be, because the main trait of our great nation is extreme jerkiness! You don't seem to be pretentious or shallow, which is truly rare among Iranians living in that part of the world, But there is a nauseating air of nobility around you, I'm guessing old money? You're an optimist to the point of "naïveté", That's not good, things almost never work out for the best in the real world. This optimism is a bit contradictory too, because you seem to be interested in History, and nothing good ever happened there(It's the documentation of human failure).. Is that enough, or you want some more?

:e411::e108::e306:

Mehrbod
10-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Not at all mate, whatever that is.. I'm just busting your chops.. You're cool

But I'm saying the same thing, how am I busted?

Then guilty as charged :)

But why Mehrbod? why would you choose to put yourself at the mercy of my sword, when you have your whole life ahead of you?

You're obviously very smart, and had a good education, but that aside I see you as someone who never wants to disappoint or displease anybody, and tries his best to be kind to them. This over the top "niceness" could be a direct result of living in Canada. Something that if true, would mean you're not half an Iranian you would like to be, because the main trait of our great nation is extreme jerkiness! You don't seem to be pretentious or shallow, which is truly rare among Iranians living in that part of the world, But there is nauseating air of nobility around you, I'm guessing old money? You're an optimist to the point of "naïveté", That's not good, things almost never work out for the best in the real world. This optimism is a bit contradictory too, because you seem to be interested in History, and nothing good ever happened there(It's the documentation of human failure).. Is that enough, or you want some more?

:e411::e108::e306:

Firstly, yeah I would like some more analysis, why the hell not? Especially now that things are heating up around here and good stuff would
come out :e402:

However you made some good points, and some misunderstandings are clearly spelt out by now, such as this untrue "extra niceness" of mine!

Our friends like Russell and Anarchy could be witnesses to that. I can easily be a total jerk, as it's been shown numerous times on other places and other forums (hammihan). But since I have a [personal] pretty sharp line between my ally and my foe, and since almost all members here are my allies, then naturally I would be extra nice toward them.

Even though... it wasn't always the case, you could check out some old topics and see rather harsh discussions between sonixax and I about programming stuff for instance, but over time we became allies and found common ground.

And on that "nobility", you are definitely right! I don't like hereditary nobility at all, but there are such things as intellectualism and rationalism, and one who can be considered an epistemic rationalist, does definitely belong to a different social class! I wouldn't consider the same person with someone who hasn't got a clue on what the two even mean.

Optimism is also kind of true, but that's a conscious choice. I 'believe' that if you look at things nicely and expect good from your environment, then good things happen as well.
It's sort of similar to Hypochondriasis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis), like those medical students who become obsessed with an illness, and after a while its physical symptoms start to appear as well.

:e303:

Ouroboros
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Well you certainly took your time, I was starting to think you've been offended or something.. It's not just your activities here that made me think you're a nice guy, It's rather exactly the way you get mad and and then verbally attack someone-else. It's so cute that if people weren't already talking about us, I would have kissed ya! I know what happens in hamihan, the other guy pokes you a hundred times with a razor-sharp blade , you poke back once with a wooden stick..

And I've read your discussions with sonixax about programming, I think they ought to be the most ridiculous disagreement in this forums, ever.. I mean that was some gay sh*t man, bunch of noobs bitch-slapping each other over who's got the biggest "mouse".. but if you really think that pissing contest with sonixax was in any way "mean", what other proof do I need to present for my argument?

You should be a jerk and start crazy fights with everyone, not trying your best avoid them, life's no fun without a good fight every couple of days, this new topic about "Parsi vs. Farsi" is the third time I tried to get a rise out of you, but well, surprise, surprise! It's not working.. My philosophy in life is if someone comes after you with a blade, take it away and shove in up in where it really hurts, or as our good friend insanity wolf once said "someone hates you with no good reason? give that motherfu*ker a reason

Nobility's not good mate, It's never productive, the only thing you could achieve with it is building a much stronger and higher level of resistance in your rivals, you also might loose the chance of getting to know some very interesting folks..

Now you give us some of that old wisdom, O dear Mehrbod

Unknown
10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
:e415:Amir, I knew you were a homo!

Mehrbod
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Well you certainly took your time, I was starting to think you've been offended or something.. It's not just your activities here that made me think you're a nice guy, It's rather exactly the way you get mad and and then verbally attack someone-else. It's so cute that if people weren't already talking about us, I would have kissed ya! I know what happens in hamihan, the other guy pokes you a hundred times with a razor-sharp blade , you poke back once with a wooden stick..

And I've read your discussions with sonixax about programming, I think they ought to be the most ridiculous disagreement in this forums, ever.. I mean that was some gay sh*t man, bunch of noobs bitch-slapping each other over who's got the biggest "mouse".. but if you really think that pissing contest with sonixax was in any way "mean", what other proof do I need to present for my argument?

You should be a jerk and start crazy fights with everyone, not trying your best avoid them, life's no fun without a good fight every couple of days, this new topic about "Parsi vs. Farsi" is the third time I tried to get a rise out of you, but well, surprise, surprise! It's not working.. My philosophy in life is if someone comes after you with a blade, take it away and shove in up in where it really hurts, or as our good friend insanity wolf once said "someone hates you with no good reason? give that motherfu*ker a reason

Nobility's not good mate, It's never productive, the only thing you could achieve with it is building a much stronger and higher level of resistance in your rivals, you also might loose the chance of getting to know some very interesting folks..

Now you give us some of that old wisdom, O dear Mehrbod

Oh pleeaaaaase Amir, if we were supposed to get offended that easily, how could we even make it this far, with all these stupid Muslims out there? no way.

Anyhow, I could agree with you on the noobness of those programming discussions, but I think you missed the whole point. The way I saw that thread was someone (Russell) asking for a good programming language and consequently, a problem is defined: Finding a superior yet easy to learn programming language.

What I didn't like at all was the way the problem was approached, it was illogical and disappointing.
I like us to be smarter than that, so I tried to point out the problems in the logic, but apparently no one got the point.

I believe that it really gives us an edge to have an out-of-the-box mentality, in order to be successful in our quest: Getting rid of Islam once and for all.

That's what I was shooting for, otherwise I wouldn't care the least what programming language is superior.

And back to our "Parsi vs. Farsi" discussion, it simply comes down to whether you wanna win, or you wanna win the argument :)
You really need to give me a break in there, by explaining exactly why in hell should I be even slightly upset about the discussion, when almost everyone's agreeing with me!?

And the funny part, we have this kind-hearted and lovely Alice on one side of the argument, WHO IS already writing in PURE PERSIAN! Are You Kidding ME!? I'm already in total agreement with whatever she says, as long as she keeps that beautiful writing of hers!!

And then we've got you, who has taken a rather keen interest in Parsi lately... So yeah, I'm definitely gonna make you hate it for some inane argument over something as abstract as my character!

I mean really, I couldn't be happier about the whole thing when our new friend Unknown, came and gave us his support and insight into the matter, or when Russell, who almost always gets the point and whom I've been silently watching over to see some action, finally, brings up some positive opinion about it! And let's not forget about almost every other member who supported along the way!

If all it takes for energizing such talks, is me losing some argument so be it! I'd even gladly help you out with that! :e402:

p.s.
And about that wisdom... I don't think so, I'm too young for that.

Ouroboros
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Amir, I knew you were a homo!
Am I now? But your girlfriend was humming a different song last night mate :e108:

Russell
10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Amir, I knew you were a homo!

Am I now? But your girlfriend was humming a different song last night mate
:e207::e107::e11b:

Ouroboros
10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
p.s.
And about that wisdom... I don't think so, I'm too young for that.
First of all, Nobody is "that" rational, but if you truly are like that, well, good for you. It's a whole different deal if you don't get upset at all, I was under the impression that you restrain yourself... And secondly, OK, don't use any wisdom then, do it with something else, just do it man.. Don't leave the guys hanging any longer

Ouroboros
10-12-2012, 10:46 PM
:e207::e107::e11b:

Just a friendly discussion among friends, no need to freak out or become a ghost dear Russell

shirin
10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Just a friendly discussion among friends, no need to freak out or become a ghost dear Russell

I really apologize but it seems you are fighting. :4: 932

Unknown
10-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Am I now? But your girlfriend was humming a different song last night mate :e108:
:e415:?Don't go too far, pal. What were you smoking that night? I don't have a girlfriend, plus who said I'm a boy

Ouroboros
10-13-2012, 09:59 AM
:e417:

Don't go too far, pal.
Or else what, pal/gal?

What were you smoking that night?
The good stuff, ask her all about it

I don't have a girlfriend
Not anymore you don't..

plus who said I'm a boy

Well I guess that's how I perceived YOU, isn't it

Rationalist
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
any all aspects
Are you sure using of "any" is incorrect?I meant "all" and I think we can use each one optional

he has been writing now so far.
?and here I used "Present Perfect Continuous" . Is incorrect to use "now" for end of that sentence

:e403::e406: at all,it seems my English writing is poor rather than you and Amir
I should practice more; Because this is embarrassing for me:e40b:

Mehrbod
10-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Are you sure using of "any" is incorrect?I meant "all" and I think we can use each one optional

?and here I used "Present Perfect Continuous" . Is incorrect to use "now" for end of that sentence

:e403::e406: at all,it seems my English writing is poor rather than you and Amir
I should practice more; Because this is embarrassing for me:e40b:

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by Present Perfect Continuous, but these two differ in meaning:

تاکنون = so far
اکنون = now

And about that "any/all", it's also similar to Persian:

any = هر
all = همه

You could say:

any book, is a good book to read
هر ماتیکانی، یک ماتیکان خوبه برای خواندن

But you can't substitute "any" with "all" in there.

And last thing you need to do is to be embarrassed.
You're doing a rather good job in my opinion, just keep using English (esp. in thinking) and you'll master it before you know.

Fiona
01-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Well; How do I perceive other members?!!

Honestly I’m not pretty sure which I had enough time to know ppl well here…anyway it’s like a puzzle for me putting pieces together to achieve the clear images.

Just I should mention one funny thing; although here ppl don’t share their real pics, after passing through posts even I can imagine their faces :D…LOL and another point which I have to say: I’d like to apologize in advance for all my stupid perceptions may offend and hurt anyone here…it’s not so big deal then take it easy please!! :e105:

Hmmmm; Better to start frm dear Mehrbod who has the highest rate of activity here and in this way he may intentionally or non-intentionally be more exposed to others including his thoughts, believes, interests and bla bla.
A curious and studious guy; so thirsty to know more and more abt each single fraction of the world. He never gets exhausted of digging in issues .Nothing impossible for him to reach and conquer…high confidence which keeps him moving forward and gives him strength enough to challenge…he’s got a classified mind even in emotional issues which doesn’t let him to deviate frm his path; somehow a robot man. I guess he has little narcissistic trend in his personality, for him first priority is himself…
More than 99% of his analysis based on evolution, If anyone asks me choose one nickname for Mehrbod, I will say ‘’Mr.Fargasht’’!! :e105:

At the end I got to tell that beside all above characteristics still he’s unknown coz based on my experiences ppl may exhibit absolutely different attitudes and personality on net.

Next one please!!! LMAO…enough for today:e405:
May spaghetti bless me…I’m goin to be kicked out of here ASAP :e415:

Mehrbod
03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
It's been a long time since anyone's posted anything in this thread, anyways me being the man of my word, I decided to finish up some of the unfinished 'perceptions' here :)

continuing from below:

I perceive you "Russell", as someone who's interested in philosophy and also likes to analyze stuff in a semi-mathematical sort of way

Russell

I believe Russell and I know each other for about two years now ... and my perception might be therefore quite biased:) however the way I perceive him starts with him being a rather quite intelligent and not exacatly a narcissist kind of person (which is 'ample' around here), and yet seems to like himself just the way he is.

His top interests are obviously around philosophy, politics, ethics, logic and some mathematics here and there.

I think he's read many books as well (mostly in Persian?), and has a few heroes of his own, namely bertrand russell and recently (not so recently) hitchens.

I could say I have this love/hate view towards him, I sometimes adore his superior sharpness towards finding out the truth at any cost, and I sometimes loathe him for being such a pain in the ass with his moral high ground and his [unwanted] sense of righteousness - alas I guess I act the same sometimes!!

He's also way way too lazy :) I can't really picture him doing anything even remotely uninteresting and that also seems to be correlational with him not being a 'generalist' type of person like myself and being more of a 'specialist'.

Russel's also been considered a cold-hearted person amongst friends, but I think that's not really the case, he seems quite capable of deep inner feelings but as always, his 'ethicality' gets into the way and gives him this irritating sense of power over other people and hence, the coldness.

It's also weird that although he's said plenty of times that he loves a good argument, but I've almost never seen him to argue with someone and enjoy the process, at least I couldn't figure out if he's indeed enjoying. I could go ahead and say that he likes more the idea of having a good argument rather than the real thing, but it could also simply stated that his opponents haven't been really up to par; My best are on the former though :)

I can't really say that he's my most favorite person around here :)) but I do feel a keen sense of comradeship with him, which is quite rare for me, as I'm not that or at all collaborative with other people.

All in all, he's one of the most educated and interesting people that I've been lucky enough to get to know in my life, albeit and alas virtually, and although every once in a while we step on each other's toes, we do seem to get along as well!